MCS offers numerous ways for you to volunteer your talent and time.
Included below are a few options:
- Read with Students
- Maintain Flower Beds/Gardens
- Walk Students Across Streets (Crossing Guard)
- PTO Members
- Guest Speakers in their Area of Expertise
- Go Over Flashcards with Students
- Work in Concessions
- Coaching Sport Programs
- Sort Mail (Main Office)
- Learning Commons
Please contact the appropriate school directly for volunteer opportunities:
Madison Consolidated High School 812-274-8002
Madison Consolidated Jr. High School 812-274-8003
Deputy Elementary 812-274-8007
Lydia Middleton Elementary 812-274-8005
E.O. Muncie Elementary 812-274-8004
Rykers’ Ridge Elementary 812-274-8006
Madison Early Development Center 812-273-8528
- Volunteers may be contacted and scheduled by the individual school or department desiring the service without involving the Central Office in the arrangements and without any special conditions.
- Volunteers are required to complete Form 8120 F1 and a criminal
listing background check. (Direct contact with Students)
- All volunteers shall be under the direct supervision of the
school or department administrator and/or the teacher to whom they are
assigned. They may not be used in an administrative or supervisory
- Volunteer aides may be used at the discretion of the school
- Follow Policy 8120 Volunteers.
- Sign a Volunteer Release Form.